Finding Ways to Help Families and Individuals Stop Their Deportation and Immigration Issues

If there are pressing issues with your immigrant visa to bring your fiancé(e) or spouse to the United States, you can apply for a fiancé(e) or marriage visa. For children or other relatives, the alien relative visa may apply. You can also apply for an investor or work visa. Depending on your situation, you might have numerous options. Let The Gonzalez Law Group, PLLC, guide you through the immigration process.

Different Types of Visas That Will Allow You to Live and Work in the United States

Applications are often denied because of mistakes or omissions on the complex forms. If your visa application has been denied, you should reapply with the help of an attorney to increase your chances of success. Good preparation and counsel will save you time and money.

  • Fiancé(e) visa (K-1 visa)
  • Marriage visa: Spouse of a U.S. citizen
  • Alien relative visa: Adjustment of immigrant status
  • U.S. temporary residence: Work permit for specialty occupations (H-1B)/student visa (F-1)/exchange visitors (J-1)
  • Extraordinary ability in sciences, arts, education, business or athletics (O-1)
  • Individual or team athletes (P-1)
  • Religious workers (R-1)
  • Foreign expansion of companies
  • Investor visas (E-1 visa)
  • Permanent residence or U.S. green card for skilled workers, investors or entrepreneurs or based on family sponsorship

No matter if your immigration is based on a family or an employment situation, our firm can provide the help and guidance you need. We can answer complex questions about asylum, the defenses available to prevent deportation and the steps needed to complete the naturalization and citizenship process.

Deferred Action For Childhood Arrivals (DACA)

The Obama administration has implemented the deferred action program, which defers deportation of illegal immigrants if they qualify. Applicants may request consideration of deferred action for a period of two years, subject to renewal. They are also eligible for work authorization. Criteria for this program are as follows:

  • Arrival before the age of 16
  • Being under the age of 31 on June 15, 2012
  • Continuous residence in the United States since June 15, 2007
  • Student, graduate, active military or veteran
  • Not convicted of a felony, serious misdemeanor or three simple misdemeanors

Get Help From A Texas Immigration Attorney

Immigration law is constantly changing. Different regulations apply whether you are filing an immigrant application from inside the U.S. or from abroad. It is important to work with a Houston lawyer who understands the rules and regulations to make sure that your application process will go smoothly and you will not encounter any unpleasant surprises along the way. Call or email us today. Se habla español.