In most cases, the consequences of having a criminal record are endless. Reach out to our firm today if you would like to retain the services of a competent Texas criminal defense attorney. At the Gonzalez Law Firm, our legal team is prepared to fight for you and your rights.
What are the life-long consequences of a criminal record in Texas?
After you serve your sentence and pay your fines, you will still face consequences for a criminal conviction. If you have a criminal record, your life will be impacted in many ways. Some of the most common ways include, and are not limited to, the following:
- If you have been charged with a sex crime, you will be registered as a sex offender, which informs the public of your crime and location at all times.
- If you are applying for a job, you will have to answer “yes” if you are asked if you’ve ever been convicted of a crime. This can make it more challenging to obtain employment.
- If you were charged with a DUI, you will more likely than not be unable to obtain a commercial driver’s license.
- Criminal convictions can also prevent the chance to work in certain government positions.
- If you are a divorced parent, having a criminal record may affect your child custody agreement in order to guard the best interests of the child.
- Certain criminal convictions can interfere with the ability to take out certain loans.
- When looking to rent a property, landlords will usually do a background check and will be less likely to allow someone with a criminal record to live on their property.
To learn about more consequences of having a criminal record, reach out to our skilled Texas criminal defense attorneys today.
Is it possible to clear my criminal record in Texas?
In Texas, there are certain crimes that can qualify for expungement in Texas. Some of the crimes that may qualify for expungement include the following:
- You were arrested but never charged.
- The charges brought against you were eventually dismissed.
- You were the victim of identity theft.
- You were found not guilty in a trial.
If you believe you qualify for expungement, it is in your best interest to reach out to the Gonzalez Law Group today to speak with one of our experienced attorneys about your options. Our dedicated legal team is prepared to help you through this time.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED HOUSTON FIRM
We understand how challenging various legal matters can be, which is why we have dedicated ourselves to helping clients in Texas through a wide array of legal matters, including personal injury law and criminal defense. If you have sustained a serious injury or are facing criminal charges, contact the Gonzalez Law Group today to learn more about how we can help you through every step of the legal process ahead.