What is driver negligence and how does it relate to car accidents?
Drivers are required to operate their vehicles safely and follow traffic laws. Driver negligence is one of the greatest causes of car accidents in Texas. The most common kinds of driver negligence that our firm has seen include the following:
- Making illegal turns
- Driving recklessly by ignoring traffic lights, signs, and all other rules of the road
- Texting and driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Driving while fatigued
- Carelessly changing lanes
What should I do after a car accident?
You should take the following steps if you were hurt in a car accident as a result of another’s negligence and you would like to pursue legal action:
- Call 911. The police can dispatch an ambulance, file an accident report, collect witness testimony and conduct chemical tests.
- Collect contact information from any witnesses to your accident. Witness testimony can be important proof for your future claim.
- Take several photos and videos of the damage done to all vehicles involved in the accident.
- Even if you do not feel injured, you should still seek medical attention. In some instances, you can become injured without knowing, or have an injury that does not show symptoms until days or weeks later.
- Hire the services of an experienced Texas personal injury attorney. Our legal team is committed to ensuring that our clients receive the compensation they deserve. Do not wait to reach out to us today.
How long do I have to file a claim for car accidents in Texas?
If you were injured in a car accident as a result of another’s negligence, you will need to assure that you promptly file your personal injury claim. The state of Texas has a statute of limitations of two years for most personal injury claims. This implies that you must file your car accident claim within two years from the date of the accident in order to receive the compensation you need.
Do not wait to reach out to our firm today. Our experienced legal team will be able to ensure that you have promptly filed your personal injury claim.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED HOUSTON FIRM
We understand how challenging various legal matters can be, which is why we have dedicated ourselves to helping clients in Texas through a wide array of legal matters, including personal injury law and criminal defense. If you have sustained a serious injury or are facing criminal charges, contact the Gonzalez Law Group today to learn more about how we can help you through every step of the legal process ahead.