Car accidents can result in physical, emotional, and financial burdens that can last a lifetime. It is important to understand the various causes of car accidents in Texas and how they can be prevented. If you were injured in a car accident as a result of another driver’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation. Contact the Gonzalez Law Group today to discuss your case and options. Our skilled Texas personal injury attorneys are dedicated to ensuring you win the compensation you deserve.
What are the 5 most common causes of car accidents in Texas?
Below are some of the common causes of car accidents in Texas that you should be aware of.
- Speeding while driving: Many car accidents could have been less severe if drivers drove the speed limit. In many cases, crashes could have been avoided completely. Speeding restricts a driver’s capability of maintaining control of their vehicle. In order to ensure you are driving safely, be aware of the speed limit at all times.
- Texting while driving: As technology has become more prevalent, people have become increasingly reliant and addicted to their mobile devices and technology. Using your phone while driving can end in severe life-threatening situations.
- Drinking and driving: Alcohol is one of the biggest reasons for car accidents each day. A person’s ability to drive safely falls significantly if they have been drinking before driving. Drinking and driving is never worth it for legal and safety reasons.
- Distractions while driving: Looking at the center console of your car to alter settings or to change the radio station can cause you to take your eyes away from the road. These interruptions can have serious consequences. Make sure you keep your eyes on the road and reduce as many distractions as possible when driving.
- Weather conditions: When the weather is bad, the chances of getting into a car accident rise. Rain can cause the roads to be slippery, resulting in the possibility of losing control of your vehicle. Be mindful driving when the weather is bad, and if you are able, stay off the roads.
Can I file a personal injury claim after a car accident in Texas?
If you were severely injured in a car accident as a result of another’s negligence, you may be entitled to recovering compensation. Contact our experienced Texas personal injury lawyers today to discuss your case and options.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED HOUSTON FIRM
We understand how challenging various legal matters can be, which is why we have dedicated ourselves to helping clients in Texas through a wide array of legal matters, including personal injury law and criminal defense. If you have sustained a serious injury or are facing criminal charges, contact the Gonzalez Law Group today to learn more about how we can help you through every step of the legal process ahead.