Hotel accidents can be serious. If you were hurt in one, you will need to retain the services of a skilled and dedicated Houston premises liability attorney today to discuss the details of your case and your options. Our legal team will work tirelessly to ensure you receive the compensation you need to heal.
What are the common causes of hotel accidents in Texas?
Hotels offer a number of different services to their guests in addition to a room to sleep in. Some hotels have a pool, gym, spa, restaurants, bars, and more. In the event that any of these amenities are not properly maintained, and someone is injured as a result, the hotel manager and staff members can be held accountable for negligence. Some of the most typical hotel accidents include the following:
- Defective furniture
- Food poisoning
- Sidewalk accidents
- Parking garage accidents
- Gym equipment accidents
- Stairway accidents
- Hot tub accidents
- Accidents due to inadequate security
- Accidents due to inadequate lighting
- Swimming pool accidents
- Sidewalk accidents
- Escalator accidents
Can I pursue legal action after a hotel accident?
If you have been injured in a hotel accident, you may be entitled to financial compensation. As a hotel owner or staff member, it is your responsibility to ensure that the premises are kept safe at all times to avoid visitor injury. If periodic checks of the property are not made, and someone is injured as a result, the hotel owner and/or staff members may be held liable for negligence. To prove negligence, you will need to take the following steps:
- Document the scene. Take pictures and videos of the hazardous conditions that caused your accident.
- Ask any bystanders for their contact information. They may be able to corroborate your version of events.
- Seek medical attention. It is important to go to the hospital immediately after your accident. This will ensure that your injuries are treated by a medical professional, while simultaneously providing you with proof of the origin and extent of your injuries. Before leaving, ask your doctor for a copy of any relevant medical documents.
- Contact an experienced Houston premises liability attorney. An attorney may be able to obtain further evidence, including security camera footage, police reports, and more.
If you have been injured in a hotel accident in Texas, contact our firm today to speak with a skilled attorney.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED HOUSTON FIRM
We understand how challenging various legal matters can be, which is why we have dedicated ourselves to helping clients in Texas through a wide array of legal matters, including personal injury law and criminal defense. If you have sustained a serious injury or are facing criminal charges, contact the Gonzalez Law Group today to learn more about how we can help you through every step of the legal process ahead.