Car accidents can result in serious physical, emotional, and financial burdens for those injured. If you were hurt in one, it is in your best interest to reach out to our firm today and retain the services of an experienced Houston car accident lawyer. Our legal team is on your side.
What are the most common causes of car accidents in Texas?
While there are a number of different ways a car accident can occur, one of the most common causes of car accidents in Texas is a result of driver negligence. If you were hurt in a car accident as a result of another’s negligence, you may be qualified to receive financial compensation for your injuries and burdens. Some instances of driver negligence include the following:
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Drowsy driving
- Dangerous lane changes
- Illegal turns
- Reckless driving
- Texting while driving
What steps should I take after my car accident?
If you were injured in a car accident as a result of driver negligence and would like to pursue legal action, it is important that you provide as much evidence as possible to support your claim. You can do this by taking the following steps immediately after your accident if you are able:
- Call 911. The police will be able to dispatch an ambulance, file a police report, and more.
- Obtain the insurance information from the other motorist.
- Take plenty of photos and videos of the vehicles involved in the crash and other damaged property as a result of the accident.
- Seek medical attention to ensure that your injuries are being properly treated. Additionally, ask your doctor for documentation summarizing your visit including the extent and origin of your injuries.
- Lastly, retain the services of an experienced Houston car accident lawyer that can help evaluate your case and help you navigate through the claims process.
The Gonzalez Law Group has the knowledge and experience required to ensure that you receive the compensation you need to heal.
What is the statute of limitations in Texas?
In the state of Texas, most personal injury claims must be filed within two years from the date of the accident in Texas. This means that if you do not file your claim within two years from the date of your accident, you will lose the opportunity to file your claim entirely and you will be unable to obtain the compensation you deserve. Reach out to our firm today to ensure that you do not miss any of your claim’s important deadlines.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED HOUSTON FIRM
We understand how challenging various legal matters can be, which is why we have dedicated ourselves to helping clients in Texas through a wide array of legal matters, including personal injury law and criminal defense. If you have sustained a serious injury or are facing criminal charges, contact the Gonzalez Law Group today to learn more about how we can help you through every step of the legal process ahead.