Unfortunately, even mundane, everyday activities like grocery shopping can result in serious injuries. Read on to learn more about supermarket accidents in Texas and what to do if an injury occurs.
How do Supermarket Accidents Occur?
There are a number of ways for an accident to occur while simply browsing the aisles of your local supermarket. The majority of these accidents are caused by:
- Potholes in parking lots
- Water spilled on restroom floors
- Improperly positioned floor mats
- Slippery entrances and exits
- Inadequate security
- Unstable displays
- Broken grocery carts
- Spoiled food
- Aisle obstructions
- Falling debris
- Falling items from shelves
Common Injuries Sustained in Supermarket Accidents?
Most supermarket accidents are slips and falls. These accidents commonly result in:
- Cracked pelvis
- Fractured skull
- Cuts and bruises
- Fractured wrists
- Fractured arms
- Back injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head wounds
Can I Recover Compensation After a Supermarket Accident?
In order to recover compensation after a supermarket accident, you will have to prove that the grocery store employees were aware of the hazards that caused your accident to occur, and did not fix them in time, directly resulting in your injury, or that they should have reasonably been aware of the hazards. In order to provide this proof, you should:
- Report the injury to the manager of the store: This will ensure that they are aware of the accident and allow them to file a report.
- Call 911: The police can send an ambulance, file an accident report, and more.
- Document the scene: Take pictures and videos of the hazardous conditions that caused your accident to occur.
- Obtain witness contacts: If anyone saw your accident occur, ask for their name and number, they may be able to corroborate your version of events.
- Seek medical attention: Go to the hospital right away. This will ensure that your injuries receive the necessary treatment, while also providing you with proof of the origin and extent of your injuries. This can play a large role in a personal injury case, so be sure to ask your doctor for a copy of any relevant medical documents.
If you have been injured, our firm is here to help. Reach out today to speak with an experienced personal injury attorney.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED HOUSTON FIRM
We understand how challenging various legal matters can be, which is why we have dedicated ourselves to helping clients in Texas through a wide array of legal matters, including personal injury law and criminal defense. If you have sustained a serious injury or are facing criminal charges, contact the Gonzalez Law Group today to learn more about how we can help you through every step of the legal process ahead.