When parents send their children to daycare, they are trusting that the employees will act responsibly and keep their children safe. Unfortunately, this is not always the case, and accidents do occur. If your child has been injured due to daycare negligence, you will want a strong legal team on your side. Read on to learn more about daycare negligence and what to do in the event that your child becomes injured.
What Constitutes Daycare Negligence?
In many cases, a daycare will have you sign a waiver that includes a “liability clause.” It is important to know that even if you signed this waiver, you may still be able to take legal action for negligence. The following are examples of daycare negligence that may be grounds for liability:
- Children being injured on rusty or defective playground equipment
- Children being fed stale food or unclean water
- Sharp, hazardous materials within children’s reach
- Ignoring a child’s food allergies
- Failing to watch children at all times
- Failing to screen potential employees who may be unsafe around children
- Any other factor that the court deems in violation of the reasonable expectation and standard of care
How Can I Pursue Legal Action for Daycare Negligence?
If your child has been injured as a result of daycare negligence, you will have to prove that this negligence occurred. You will also have to prove the following:
- The child was enrolled in the daycare and the establishment owed a duty of care to the child
- The daycare employer or the staff breached their duty of care through negligent behavior
- The child’s injuries were a direct result of their negligence
- The child suffered significant damages due to the accident
This can be extremely difficult to do without the help of a seasoned personal injury attorney.
If your child has been injured as a result of daycare negligence in Texas, contact our firm today. We are here to advocate for you and walk you through all of your personal injury matters. We understand how stressful it can be when your child becomes injured or falls ill. We want to fight for you to recover the compensation you deserve.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED HOUSTON FIRM
We understand how challenging various legal matters can be, which is why we have dedicated ourselves to helping clients in Texas through a wide array of legal matters, including personal injury law and criminal defense. If you have sustained a serious injury or are facing criminal charges, contact the Gonzalez Law Group today to learn more about how we can help you through every step of the legal process ahead.