As you know, texting while driving is among the most dangerous things a motorist can do. Unfortunately, a significant number of motorists text while driving every single day, and in many cases, they cause serious accidents as a result. In fact, the National Safety Council recently reported that texting while driving causes about 1.6 million auto accidents every year, in turn injuring roughly 390,000 people. Texting while driving also causes an estimated 25% of all car accidents in the United States every year. If you are someone who has been injured in an accident due to another motorist texting while driving, you must continue reading and contact the experienced Houston personal injury attorneys at the Gonzalez Law Group today. Here are some of the questions you may have:
What should I do after an auto accident?
After an auto accident, you should take the following steps, if possible, to document the circumstances of your accident and injuries:
- Call the police.
- Ask the other driver for his or her insurance information.
- Ask any witnesses for their name, phone number, and email address.
- Take pictures of the scene of the accident.
- Seek immediate medical treatment.
- Ask your doctor for all medical documentation/bills associated with your injury.
- Retain the services of an experienced Texas personal injury attorney who can work to uncover all evidence needed to prove your claim. In many cases, we can obtain the other driver’s phone records to prove that he or she was using his or her mobile device at the time of your accident.
How do I know if I have a valid personal injury claim?
As long as your attorney can prove that you were injured as a direct result of another party’s negligence, you should be able to satisfy the burden of proof and win your personal injury claim.
How long will I have to sue after being injured in an auto accident in Texas?
Those injured in accidents in Texas will have to file their personal injury claims in accordance with the state’s statute of limitations. The statute of limitations for personal injury claims in Texas is, generally, two years, giving the wrongly injured two years from the date of their accident to sue. Our firm is ready to help you today. All you have to do is pick up the phone and give us a call.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED HOUSTON FIRM
We understand how challenging various legal matters can be, which is why we have dedicated ourselves to helping clients in Texas through a wide array of legal matters, including personal injury law and criminal defense. If you have sustained a serious injury or are facing criminal charges, contact the Gonzalez Law Group today to learn more about how we can help you through every step of the legal process ahead.