Car accidents happen in the blink of an eye. As a result, you may not know exactly how the accident happened. This can make things difficult when it comes to a lawsuit. If you have been injured due to another party’s negligence, but you are struggling to prove fault, you may need to reach out to a car accident reconstruction expert. Read on to learn more about accident reconstruction, what it is, and how it can help your case.
What is Accident Reconstruction?
Car accident reconstruction is performed by an expert in order to prove fault when it comes to a car accident lawsuit. This may be done in some of the following ways:
- Visiting the scene of the accident
- Inspecting the damage done to all vehicles
- Reviewing any medical records of injured parties
- Studying the police report
- Examining pictures/videos of the accident/scene
- Interviewing witnesses
- Studying debris, point of impact, skid marks, etc
Do I Need a Car Accident Reconstruction?
Not every case needs car accident reconstruction. Some accidents are more complicated than others. You may benefit from accident reconstruction if any of the following applies to your situation:
- You do not remember how the accident happened
- There are few or no witnesses
- The vehicles are totaled and cannot be repaired
- It is complicated to prove liability
- Victims suffered severe injuries or died
- Pieces of important evidence are missing
How Can Accident Reconstruction Help My Case?
Accident reconstruction can help your case in a number of ways. With the help of an expert, you may be able to determine:
- The vehicle speeds and movements
- The crash scene physics
- The accident sequence of events
- The vehicle positions
- The magnitude of impact
- If those involved were wearing seat belts
- If visibility was an issue and why
- If vehicle lights were used
- Steering angles
- If brakes were used leading up to the crash
- If a vehicle accelerated before collision
- If engine indicator lights went on
- If cruise control was engaged
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident, you will need an experienced and dedicated attorney on your side. Contact our firm to discuss your case today.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED HOUSTON FIRM
We understand how challenging various legal matters can be, which is why we have dedicated ourselves to helping clients in Texas through a wide array of legal matters, including personal injury law and criminal defense. If you have sustained a serious injury or are facing criminal charges, contact the Gonzalez Law Group today to learn more about how we can help you through every step of the legal process ahead.