If you would like to learn more about the penalties of a drugged driving charge in Texas, reach out to a skilled Houston drug crimes defense attorney today. Our firm is on your side no matter what. We are just one call away.
What are the penalties for the first offense of drugged driving in Texas?
Texas treats all drugged driving offenses seriously, even if it is your first one. If you were charged with one, you will need a skilled attorney on your side or else you risk facing the following consequences:
- You may face up to $2,000 in fines
- You will likely lose your license for one year
- You can spend up to 180 days in jail
- You may have to participate in up to 100 hours of community service
What are the consequences of a second offense?
If this is your second driving under the influence of drugs offense in Texas, you can expect even more severe outcomes. This is because, in the eyes of the court, you will be deemed as a repeat offender. The penalties will result in the following:
- You may have to pay up to $4,000 in fines
- You will likely lose your license for up to two years
- You may spend up to one year in jail
- You may have to participate in up to 200 hours of community service
Will I go to jail for a third drugged driving offense in Texas?
If this is your third, or more time getting a drugged driving charge, you will likely face life-long consequences. That is why it is in your best interest to go with this offense with the help of an experienced criminal defense attorney. The results for a third or subsequent drugged driving charge in Texas includes the following:
- You may have to pay up to $10,000 in fines.
- You may lose your license for up to two years.
- You may spend up to 10 years in jail
- You may have to participate in up to 600 hours of community service.
Do not wait to contact an experienced Houston drug crimes defense attorney today if you have any questions or concerns regarding drugged driving penalties in Texas. Our firm has a lot of experience in this field and we are prepared to help you as well.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED HOUSTON FIRM
We understand how challenging various legal matters can be, which is why we have dedicated ourselves to helping clients in Texas through a wide array of legal matters, including personal injury law and criminal defense. If you have sustained a serious injury or are facing criminal charges, contact the Gonzalez Law Group today to learn more about how we can help you through every step of the legal process ahead.