Motorcycle accidents can have detrimental effects on your life. That is why it is important that you retain the services of an experienced Texas personal injury attorney to ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve.
How do motorcycle accidents in Texas occur?
Motorcycle accidents can sometimes be a result of inclement weather conditions, poorly maintained roads, or faulty mechanical parts. However, more often than not, motorcycle accidents are the direct result of driver negligence. Some of the most common types of driver negligence that our firm has seen include the following:
- Another motorist’s failure to yield
- Poor weather conditions, such as torrential downpours that diminish visibility and control
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Rear-end collisions
- Potholes, road obstructions, and uneven pavement
Can I recover compensation after a motorcycle accident?
If you were injured in a motorcycle accident and would like to recover financial compensation, it is crucial that you obtain as much evidence as possible in order to have a successful claim. Be sure to take the following steps immediately after your accident, if possible:
- Call 911. The police will be able to dispatch an ambulance to the scene, file an accident report, and more.
- Take photos and videos of the scene of the accident, as it can help your case. In some cases, motorcyclists might wear bodycams so that they have the footage in the event that an accident occurs.
- Seek medical attention and ensure that your injuries are properly treated. Ask your doctor for a copy of any relevant medical documents pointing to the severity and origin of your injuries.
- Reach out to an experienced Texas personal injury attorney that can help you gather further evidence that can be a key component to a successful claim.
How long do I have to file a claim?
Personal injury claims are time-sensitive and require immediate action. In the state of Texas, the statute of limitations for a personal injury claim is generally two years. If you fail to file within two years, you will likely lose your opportunity to recover the compensation you deserve. An injury can have serious physical, mental, emotional, and financial burdens, which is why you should reach out to an experienced attorney as soon as possible to be sure that you meet all of your claim’s deadlines.
If you were injured in a motorcycle accident, it is imperative that you have a skilled divorce attorney on your side. Do not wait to reach out to our firm today.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED HOUSTON FIRM
We understand how challenging various legal matters can be, which is why we have dedicated ourselves to helping clients in Texas through a wide array of legal matters, including personal injury law and criminal defense. If you have sustained a serious injury or are facing criminal charges, contact the Gonzalez Law Group today to learn more about how we can help you through every step of the legal process ahead.