As you know, sustaining a serious injury in an accident due to another party’s negligence is a jarring, unpleasant, and potentially devastating experience. This is why you are most likely now seeking financial compensation. The first part of the claims process is scheduling your initial consultation. Please continue reading and speak with our experienced Texas personal injury attorneys to learn more about how to prepare for your initial consultation with our firm. Here are some of the questions you may have:
How can I prepare for my initial consultation with a Texas personal injury attorney?
After sustaining a serious injury, it is critical that you begin preparing for your initial consultation. If possible, you should bring the following information to your initial consultation with our firm so we can begin assessing your situation and developing your case as expeditiously as possible:
- If injured on someone else’s property, bring pictures of the unsafe conditions that caused your accident.
- If injured in an auto accident, bring pictures of the damage to your vehicle and the other motorist’s vehicle, as well as the other motorist’s insurance information.
- Bring your insurance information.
- Bring medical documentation/bills surrounding your injuries.
- Bring a copy of the police report filed at the scene of the accident.
- Bring witness contact information and statements.
- Bring any correspondence you may have had with the other party or their insurance company such as phone calls, emails, texts, and more.
How long will I have to schedule my initial consultation with a personal injury attorney in Texas?
When injured in an accident in Texas, you will have to schedule your initial consultation as soon as possible. This is because there is a statute of limitations in place for personal injury claims in Texas. The statute of limitations for personal injury claims is two years, which means that you will have two years from the date of your accident to take legal action against the liable party. If you wait any longer than two years, you will most likely be permanently barred from suing. Our firm is ready to begin the claims process on your behalf today, all you have to do is pick up the phone and schedule your initial consultation.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED HOUSTON FIRM
We understand how challenging various legal matters can be, which is why we have dedicated ourselves to helping clients in Texas through a wide array of legal matters, including personal injury law and criminal defense. If you have sustained a serious injury or are facing criminal charges, contact the Gonzalez Law Group today to learn more about how we can help you through every step of the legal process ahead.