Stairwell accidents can cause an array of physical, emotional, and financial burdens, which is why if you have been injured in one, it is in your best interest to retain the services of an experienced Texas personal injury attorney. The Gonzalez Law Group is committed to ensuring that you win the compensation you deserve.
What are the common causes of stairwell accidents in Texas?
There are many different ways that stairwell accidents can occur in Texas, however, most of them are tied to negligence. The most common causes of stairwell accidents include the following:
- Insufficiently lit stairwells
- Damaged stairs
- Uneven spacing between steps
- Defective or broken railings
- Lack of security
What should I do if I was injured in a stairwell?
If you were injured as a result of negligence in a stairwell, it is vital that you obtain as much evidence as possible following your accident. If you are able, take these steps:
- Call 911 – the police will file an accident report and dispatch an ambulance to the scene of the accident.
- Take photos and videos of the scene of the accident, including the unsafe conditions that caused the accident and your injuries sustained as a result.
- Gather contact information from any witnesses to the scene of the accident. They may be able to verify your version of the events.
- Seek medical attention and ensure that your injuries are properly treated. Ask your doctor for medical documentation that leads to the source and severity of your injuries. This will be crucial evidence in your prospective personal injury claim.
- Retain the services of a seasoned Texas personal injury lawyer that can help you obtain more evidence to further develop your claim. An attorney will also help you navigate through the claims process and ensure you are meeting all of the important deadlines.
How long do I have to file a personal injury claim in Texas?
The state of Texas has a statute of limitations of two years for most personal injury claims. This indicates that if you do not file your stairwell accident claim within two years from the date of your accident, you will not only lose the ability to file this claim altogether, but you will also lose out on the opportunity to recover the compensation that you deserve.
Do not wait to reach out to an experienced Texas personal injury attorney today. Our firm is dedicated to ensuring that you are punctually filing your claim.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED HOUSTON FIRM
We understand how challenging various legal matters can be, which is why we have dedicated ourselves to helping clients in Texas through a wide array of legal matters, including personal injury law and criminal defense. If you have sustained a serious injury or are facing criminal charges, contact the Gonzalez Law Group today to learn more about how we can help you through every step of the legal process ahead.