If you were recently caught driving under the influence of drugs (DUID), also known as drugged driving, you must continue reading and reach out to our experienced Texas criminal defense attorneys to learn about the consequences of drugged driving, including various offenses, and how we can help you fight them. The Gonzalez Law Group has years of experience in DUID cases and we are confident that our firm can protect you and your rights. Continue reading to learn more about drugged driving in Texas:
What are the consequences of the first offense of drugged driving (DUID) in Texas?
Even though it is a first offense, the consequences of a DUID will still be very harsh. The penalties are as follows:
- You will likely lose your license for one year.
- You may face up to $2,000 in fines.
- You can spend up to 180 days in jail.
- You may have to participate in up to 100 hours of community service.
What are the consequences of a second offense DUID?
If this is your second DUID in Texas, you can expect much more serious consequences. The courts will now treat you as a repeat offender. The penalties are as follows:
- You will likely lose your license for up to two years.
- You may have to pay up to $4,000 in fines.
- You may spend up to one year in jail.
- You may have to participate in up to 200 hours of community service.
What happens if I am caught with drugged driving for the third time in Texas?
If this is your third, or more time getting a DUID, you risk long-lasting penalties. It is in your best interest to proceed with this offense with the help of an experienced criminal defense attorney. The consequences for a third or subsequent DUID in Texas are as follows:
- You may lose your license for up to two years.
- You may have to pay up to $10,000 in fines.
- You may spend up to 10 years in jail
- You may have to participate in up to 600 hours of community service.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding drugged driving penalties in Texas, do not hesitate to give us a call today. We have helped countless individuals in this exact place, and we can help you too.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED HOUSTON FIRM
We understand how challenging various legal matters can be, which is why we have dedicated ourselves to helping clients in Texas through a wide array of legal matters, including personal injury law and criminal defense. If you have sustained a serious injury or are facing criminal charges, contact the Gonzalez Law Group today to learn more about how we can help you through every step of the legal process ahead.