Bicycle accidents can be detrimental to those who were injured. If you were a cyclist in a bicycle accident and were severely injured, you may be entitled to compensation. Contact our experienced Texas personal injury attorneys today to discuss your case. The Gonzalez Law Group is dedicated to winning you the compensation you deserve.
What are the common causes of bicycle accidents in Texas?
One of the largest causes of bicycle accidents in Texas is driver negligence. Bicyclists are rarely truly protected when they share a road with other cars. Bicycle accidents often result in severe consequences relating to physical, emotional, and financial stressors. If you were injured in a bicycle accident, it is critical that you prove that the negligence of the other party caused your harm. Some of the many causes of bicycle accidents that The Gonzalez Law Group has seen include:
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Careless or reckless driving
- The use of electronic devices without hands-free technology
- Fatigue or drowsy driving
- Uneven pavement
- Poor visibility
- No cycling lane
- Weather conditions
- Spilled substances
- Cracked cement or potholes
What should I do after I was injured in a bicycle accident?
If you were injured in a bicycle accident and would like to obtain compensation, it is important to gather as much evidence as possible to help corroborate your personal injury claim. If you are able, follow these steps immediately after your accident:
- Call 911. The police will file an accident report and will dispatch an ambulance.
- Take photos and videos of the scene of the accident including damage to your bike, your injuries, damage to the other car, and any other property damage.
- Remove your bike from the road to prevent further accidents and injuries.
- Collect contact information from any witnesses to the accident. This may be useful later on in your claim.
- Seek medical attention to guarantee your injuries are being properly treated. Ask your doctor for medical documentation showing the scope of your injuries and their origin.
- Retain the services of an experienced Texas personal injury attorney to help you gain more evidence to help bolster your chances of recovering damages. For example, they may be able to receive a police report or security camera footage.
What is the statute of limitations for bicycle accidents in Texas?
The state of Texas has imposed a deadline of two years from the date of the accident for the injured party to file a legal claim. This is known as the statute of limitations. If you fail to file your bicycle accident claim within two years from the date of the accident, you risk being unable to recover compensation. Do not wait to obtain legal services. Contact The Gonzalez Law Group today.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED HOUSTON FIRM
We understand how challenging various legal matters can be, which is why we have dedicated ourselves to helping clients in Texas through a wide array of legal matters, including personal injury law and criminal defense. If you have sustained a serious injury or are facing criminal charges, contact the Gonzalez Law Group today to learn more about how we can help you through every step of the legal process ahead.